Thursday 15 March 2012

Evaluation Question 3 Practice...

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

I think the best media institution best suited to distribute my magazine would be Proper Music Distribution. This company publishes other folk magazine such as Froots and Maverick however these tend to have an appearance and contents designed for an older audience. As I am aiming at the younger folk generation there is definitely a gap in the market for my magazine. People would be able to subscribe online and buy in selected shops. I could also look into publishing it online for download as this would suit the age group i'm aiming at a lot more as they are more up to date with technology. Out of the possibilities of circulation I would more than likely choose paid circulation as this is what Froots seem to do. This way it will be easily accessible and available for subscriptions. I would only choose to put it in certain shops in the citys I choose as not everywhere has a big folk scene. Places like Newcastle, Sheffield and York would be ideal with a few others dotted about. As most magazines I would publish it weekly at a fixed price with the cheaper option for the reader of subscribing for a longer period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment